Headteacher: Full Time, Permanent role with 0.4 teaching commitment
Required from Summer Term 2022 (1st September 2022 may be considered for the right candidate)
Closing date: 17th January 2022
This vacancy is an opportunity for an ambitious and energetic leader who has a passion and a joy for outstanding teaching and learning. The successful candidate will continue to develop exciting and innovative approaches to teaching and learning and be an inspirational Headteacher.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can balance the responsibility of leading a school and a teaching commitment.
- Is fully supportive of the Christian ethos of our school and can demonstrate an understanding of the unique character of a church school.
- Will place emphasis on the development of the 'whole child' and on the all-round flourishing of staff and pupils alike, leading and inspiring growth and development in their team.
- Is a proven leader who can lead the further development of our school’s vision within the Good Shepherd Trust, implementing this vision to drive the school forwards.
- Understands the particular challenges of a small school and is prepared to be flexible with working practices.
- Is an effective team member with excellent communication skills.
- Is outward facing and willing to work collaboratively with colleagues in other local schools and within the Good Shepherd Trust.
Our school can offer you:
- Children who are fun-loving, well-behaved, and enthusiastic about their learning and personal development.
- An experienced team to work with.
- Very supportive governors, parents and community, including an active parents’ fundraising group.
- Support and challenge from The Good Shepherd Multi-Academy Trust
- A tradition of embracing art, music, sport and the great outdoors.
- Panoramic mountain views in a small and lively village
- Easy access to M6 and mainline railway
We encourage and welcome visits to our school. Please contact our School administrator, Mrs Debbie Charlton, to arrange an appointment/time/date suitable for an informal school visit.
We also invite you to explore our website further and to visit the website of the Good Shepherd Trust to find out more.
Application, Shortlisting and Interviews:
Applications must be submitted by midday on Monday 17th January 2022. Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 19th January 2022.
Interviews are planned to take place on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th January 2022. They will be conducted by a panel of Local Governing Body members on behalf of the full Local Governing Body. There will be an adviser from the Good Shepherd Trust and the Diocese supporting the process throughout.
More details and an application form are available below.